Friday, December 16, 2011

i'm a giant... preview

So It's the wee hours of December 16th here in the Northeast, but I'm pretty sure this challenge runs on California hours, so consider me on time. Sort of. I made enough rooms presentable to legitimize my submission. I didn't have time enough for window treatments, bedding, rugs, pillows, art, etc. It's pretty bare bones, and rough draft in there. Bear with my shitty 2am pictures. I'm spent.

Since late October, the entire dollhouse was gutted and sanded to the plywood shell. I added electricity. I refinished my original popsicle stick hardwood floors. I added all trim windows and doors, made from scratch. I couldn't pay for furniture, so I made most of what you see here. I'm going to pull a Lloyd Christmas and 'IOU' the kitchen cabinetry. It'll happen this weekend. "Those IOU's are as good as cash."

Master Bedroom

Before:
Top right hand room.
After:



Still to do here:
area rug
accessories
window treatments
bedding
build bench for foot of bed

Living Room

Before:

After:

Ugh, flash. Shows my handiwork though. Sofa and working electric lamp handmade by yours truly.



Still to do here:
finish coffee table
build/upholster accent chair
build credenza
paint armoire
accessorize
window treatments

Bathroom
This is the only room where I salvaged anything but the floors. I liked the vintage wallpaper, and it matched my fixtures.I replaced the old chair rail.

Before:


After:


Kitchen

Here's the showpiece.

Before:


After:








There. We'll talk more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I can't get over that chandelier. and I love that bathroom wallpaper.
    You posted just in time for Emily to extend the deadline. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous. I love the before and after pics.

    ReplyDelete