Wednesday, March 14, 2012

girl, interrupted

Dropping a bomb. Are you sitting down? Good.

So no shit, there I was... talking to my husband about our future. 
Not in a bad way, but in a let's look at our 3-year plan, shall we? And dude, guess what we decided. 
"Let's blow this joint." We're putting our house on the market to see if we get any bites. No hurry, no pressure, but we'd like to be in a different (read: cheaper) place within a year. We're downsizing so we can have kids (eventually), if that makes any sense. At any rate, that makes me much less inspired to continue revamping the craft palace. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't heartbroken at the impending loss of my dream house, but it's for the greater good. I guess promise. There'll be a few more posts about the re-organization project, because we don't know how long we'll be staying in the current pad. I still have 'tiny' work to do so I'll keep the room functional. And try to complete any promised projects before the end of this upcoming weekend. But boxes are getting packed all around me for de-clutter and staging operations, so bear with me. Be patient. There will be a new craft palace at our new place, as I told my husband that it was non-negotioable and a top-priority. I think we might build me a workshop outside the house, you know, in its own building. Shwing!
But posts from here-on for a few months (depending on real estate activity) might be random/sparse, or plentiful if no one wants to buy this piece. I appreciate your continued following (please don't delete me!) because once we move, I should have so much more time for minis and blogging.

I'll be checking back in this weekend with pics of how I'll be making the craft room work until we *gasp* move.
Ugh.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's a big change!!! I wish you luck in selling, and in finding someplace you'll like just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy a lighthouse..no a boat, no lighthouse and put the workshop right at the top and scare the crap outta passing ships with your foghorn. Okay, too much excitment since I'm not the one selling up.
    Hope all goes well and you get settled quickly. Keep in touch *sniffles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Hope everything moves quickly for you if it's going to move. Keep us updated. And, psh! like we'd stop following you, you're super-talented and one of the funniest bloggers around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart move. At least you are hooked now, so we know you won't leave us for long. All the best in finding new dream digs with another craft palace. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps it's not in the theme of your blog, but I'd be really interested in the moving and selling and the new house. So blog about those, if there is no minis to blog about.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete